I have recently been trialling a high fat, low carb way of eating, and while initially I honestly believed it was going to be tricky, it has proven to be just the opposite. I am feeling ok on it so far, no drastic changes in how I feel (besides the splitting headache I had yesterday), but one thing I have noticed is I do not get any bloating, which in my books is a win! I initially made the switch as I wanted to reduce my sugar intake (not that I was having much, in fact I don’t have a sweet tooth, never have), but I do love my bread, pasta and rice! Unfortunately, those are the foods that cause me the most trouble, so after doing a bit of research, I decided to give it a go! Here I am on day 4, and no temptation to switch back just yet.
Here is a really simple recipe I came up with, which was basically a bunch of ingredients thrown in a pot, but luckily for me it worked out amazing! So give it a go, and please let me know what you think xoxo
- 1 whole chicken, seasoned with olive oil/butter, salt and pepper
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 cups of water
- 1 stick of butter
- 1/4 cauliflower, grated
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 4-5 brussels sprouts, cut into quarters
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees
- In an over safe dish, place 2 cups of water, seasoned chicken with some fresh rosemary and garlic cloves and cook for 2-3 hours, or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- In a non-stick pan, melt 1 stick of butter
- Add grated cauliflower, carrot and brussel sprouts with the stock leftover from the chicken, and allow to simmer for 10 minutes, or until veggies are cooked to your liking
- Remove chicken in strips and add to veggie mix
- Stir through and enjoy