Curry is such a simple dish that can be made up quickly, full of nutritional value and full go flavour. Making it your self is a really good way to make sure you know exactly what is in your food, and a good way to experiment with flavour combinations to make sure you get it just right fro your taste buds. Now, I often just throw a bunch of ingredients in a pot and hope for the best, but when something works for me, I tend to take note so I can share it with you guys.
So here we go….
- Drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp of minced/fresh garlic
- 1 tsp of minced/freshly grated ginger
- 1 tsp of coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp of chilli powder
- 1 tbsp of Garam Masala powder
- 1 tsp of cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 can of organic coconut cream
- 100g of diced organic tofu
- Choice of veggies chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 cup of brown rice, rinsed and drained
- 1.5 cups of water or stock of choice
- 1 tbsp of stock of choice if using water
- Add rice and water/stock to a pot and leave till cooked. Keep an eye on it if using a stove top, I personally love my rice cooker as I can leave it and let it do its thing till it’s perfectly cooked.
- In a large pot, heat up oil and add in garlic and onion until aromatic. Make sure you keep stirring so they don’t burn
- Add tofu and spices, until tofu is covered and the aromas start to form
- Add in coconut milk and allow to heat slightly, absorbing the spices
- Add veggies and bring to a light simmer until the veggies are cooked to your liking
Once the rice and veggies are cooked, serve and garnish with fresh coriander. It is great for leftovers the next day also if you want to make extra 😉